Sunday, September 15, 2013

Brooklyn girls guide to thrifting in Paris



I'm a thrifter! I have been for many years now. Nothing makes me happier then stocking up on used but awesome goods from my favorite thrift stores in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. That is until I thrift shopped in Paris! Oh It's a whole other level of vintage over there! I mean this ain't nobodies Forever 21 trade- offs, this is fabulous french women's classic pieces. When I was planning my first trip to Paris a few years ago I researched top ten list for thrift stores. I came up with a pretty good list of places to check out. And with my handy list I hit the streets of Paris. Now three years and two trips later I have a list of my own thrifting experiences that I swear by! Check it out if you're planning a trip to my favorite city, or if you just love thrift shops.

1. FreePstar I love this store it is stocked full of vintage silk scarf, Leather bags, and classic vintage dresses and tops. I literally got off the plane my second time in Paris and headed down to Rue de Rivoli and started shopping. I've always found AMAZING things there!

2.King of Frip Named after the king of pop himself this vintage store is just as amazing as it's name sake. This store is stocked full of beautiful vintage hats and coats. If shopping there be sure to visit the little sandwich cafe across the street. My friend and I spent the day listening to classic Al Green and watching the very stylish passerby's.

3. Adöm I fell in love with everything about this shop! Where do I even begin? How about with the owner? This store is owned by a very hunky frenchmen who plays reggae everyday, all day and sings along to it in english (swoon). So once you get past his biceps and very masculine manner, the store! I love this place hanging from the ceiling of this tiny shop are leather boot for days! I think it's the stores best offering. There are also very cute vintage pieces to be found there too. The store itself is so cooly curated and organized. The only draw back for me was that I found it, in my favorite hood near the end of my trip! Oh well, there's always next summer!

4. Thanx God I'm a VIP This place I'm adding to my list as an honorable mention. I've heard great things about it but unfortunately they are closed during August when I usually visit, so I've yet to see it's amazement.




Adöm

This is me happily emerging from downstairs at FreePstar



View from the Cafe
Good food and good music on a rainy afternoon in Paris





No comments:

Post a Comment